Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Husband

You know how when you see a cute couple getting married, 
sometimes the natural thought comes to mind 
that, wow he definitely married up, 
or yeah, he settled, or she could have done so much better. 

Well,
I'm pretty sure that I married up, and my husband settled. 
And I think that it is ok for me to admit that.
I married the most amazing man, 
and I am so lucky to call him mine!




Mama’s Losin’ It

This week, I chose:
Share something you’ve learned from your husband about parenting. What makes him good at what he does?

Pretty much, I could go on and on about what makes him good at what he does. 
He is such a hard worker, and it shows. 
He works long days, 
and usually comes home and does work around the house. 
He is always so happy and positive, 
he is a human playground for the kids, 
and doesn't get easily flustered or upset. 

One huge thing that my husband is always trying to teach me about parenting
is the concept of Patience. 
I guess I am a stubborn learner, 
because I can't seem to grasp the concept of that 
silly, but important word!
I'm the type of person that wants things done right when I say, 
not in "just a minute" or "later"
I mean NOW!

He is the most patient person I know. 
He will wait ten minutes for my  3 year old to put on his shoes, 
and within about 10 seconds I give up and put them on for him. 
He is also very patient when dealing with me and all my quirkyness,
and I have a whole lot more to learn from him. 

And I'm glad that I snagged him, 
and he was willing to settle for me
and all the craziness that is me!


Plus, he is incredibly handsome
and funny, and smart, and just all around awesome!

What makes your hubby so special? 

5 comments:

  1. Aww, great tribute to your hubby! He sounds like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great picture at the end. He is funny and incredibly positive. I just think he's wired that way. I know I depend on him to bring me up sometimes -- but I'm trying to stop that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is so cute! Sounds like a good guy :) My hubby is special to me because he has taken care of me after many surgeries and illnesses. He never complains or makes me feel like I "owe" him. He teaches me that parenting is FUN and sometimes its ok to just let go and goof off :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lucky guy to have someone who adores him as much as you do. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, what a great post about your hubby! Love the picture of you two. I also wrote what makes my hubby a great dad, for Mama Kat's Writers Workshop. This was a fun topic!

    xo, Jess
    http://opheliabird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete